380 Depot Rd.

<< Walking Tour >>
North side of street

This site was originally a part of the property of the Clarkston mills. The house now on the site was built in the 1980s.

Official Property Description: 
  • The north side of Depot Road from Main St. to Holcomb St. was originally a part of the Clarkston mill property in the Southwest 1/4 of Section 20 in Independence Township.
Significant Property History: 
  • Note: All the properties currently located in the Historic District were originally part of a tract registered by¬†Butler Holcomb¬†with the federal government on October 22, 1831. Thus, abstracts for these properties, when they exist, show the original transfer to be from the United States to Butler Holcomb and may also include references to then President Andrew Jackson.
  • 1880 William Holcomb, west of the plaster mill race, west by Mrs. Phillips, T. S. Bird and himself, north by the Dam, south by Holcomb, assessed value $9250.
  • Further research pending