74 South Holcomb St.

East side of street

This small ranch style house was built circa 1950. The front porch is a more recent addition.

Official Property Description: 
  • Lot 11 Block 9 of Nelson W. Clark's Original Plat of the Village in the Southwest 1/4 of Section 20 in Independence Township.
  • Lot 9 Block 5 of Myron G. Cobb's Southwest Addition to the Original Plat of the Village.
  • Lot 013 of the Assessor's Plat.
Significant Property History: 
  • Note: All the properties currently located in the Historic District were originally part of a tract registered by Butler Holcomb with the federal government on October 22, 1831. Thus, abstracts for these properties, when they exist, show the original transfer to be from the United States to Butler Holcomb and may also include references to then President Andrew Jackson.
  • 1842 Nelson W. Clark, Original Plat of the Village.
  • 1844 Nelson W.Clark, Block 9, assessed value $5.
  • 1857 Myron Cobb to John Pinkham, Lots 1, 5, 6 & 9 Block 5.
  • 1869 James Demerest, south & west by the highway, north by T. Bird, estate, east by the commons, Village of Clarkston, assessed value $25.
  • 1872 Map of the Village has no building footprint on this site, owner, W.S. Blake.
  • 1911 Carrie Barrett, the south 1/2 of Lot 9 of the Southwest Addition.
  • 1914 Annie McMillan, north by Demund, east by F. & G. Hubble, south by Depot, west by Holcomb St., assessed value $700.
  • 1935 Henry L. Garter, Lots 6 & 9 except the Street, Block 5, assessed value $1000.
  • 1956 William R. Whittingham.