34 North Holcomb St.

East side of street

Once a part of the lot of 28/30 N. Holcomb this lot is now the site of a ranch style home built circa 1950.

Official Property Description: 
  • The east part of Lot 6 in the Northwest Addition to Nelson W. Clark's Original Plat of the Village in the Southwest 14 of Section 20 in Independence Township.
  • Add Lot 8 of the Supervisor's Replat of the Northwest Addition and part of the Original Plat.
Significant Property History: 
  • Note: All the properties currently located in the Historic District were originally part of a tract registered by Butler Holcomb with the federal government on October 22, 1831. Thus, abstracts for these properties, when they exist, show the original transfer to be from the United States to Butler Holcomb and may also include references to then President Andrew Jackson.
  • See 28/30 N. Holcomb tax record synopsis prior to 1931.
  • 1931 Mrs. B. Beardslee, Lots 7 & 8, and the outlot 9, assessed value $2600.
  • 1940 Irene W. Ainsley, assessed value $2000.
  • 1953 Mrs. Ray Ainsley.